Martes, Abril 12, 2011

Graduation Time

A neighbor of mine approached me recently to order a tarpauline poster for his son who is graduating from college with a magna cum laude honor. She told me that they are going to use it for the party that they are planning for his beloved son. So I asked her about the layout and the words that would appear in the poster. She just want a picture of his son, ( in toga) the words " Congratulation",  his son's name  and "MAGNA CUM LAUDE" to appear in the poster. " I asked her about the details like measurements and colors and she cut me off sayng "Ikaw na bahala don diskartehan mo na". "Ok" I replied. So we agreed on the price and I promised to deliver it one day before the party.

Delivery day came and the mother was disappointed to see that the words MAGNA CUM LAUDE was too small , that the picture of his son should be smaller  and the price of the poster should be decreased. " "Hindi nyo naman sinabi na gusto nyo palang i-announce sa buong barangay na Magna cum laude ang anak nyo e di buong poster Magna cum laude na lang nilagay ko at saka sabi nyo diskartehan ko kaya diskarte ko na yan maganda ngang medyo hindi malaki ang cum laude para sabihin ng mga bisita  nyo na di kayo nagyayabang." I snapped back with a tone that is obviously pissed . She was startled maybe by what I said and remain motionless for a few seconds and she hurriedly enter their gate. When she return she handed me the payment for the poster and murmured " thank you ha". I received the money and rushed toward home.

Here is the poster.I just blurred the names. Am I right or wrong? Well I learned a lesson here. I will always show it to the client before printing , have it approved first before printing.



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento